Facebook’s “Like” button has been around for nearly a decade. It’s a useful way to show appreciation for your friends’ posts and show interest in niche Facebook pages. However, the number of pages and posts you like can quickly add up, flooding your News Feed.
Fortunately, there is a way to remove all likes from your Facebook account. There is also a way to delete all Facebook posts without deleting your account, but that’s another topic. This article discusses how to remove all Facebook likes. The methods below work for liked photos, posts, pages, and anything else you’ve given a thumbs up to. You still can’t like many pages and posts at once, so you have to be patient as you start filtering through all your facebook likes.
Remove all Facebook likes with a browser
Despite the popularity of the Facebook smartphone app, many people still use Facebook on a desktop. You can remove likes from Facebook using your chosen browser. Since there no official way to bulk delete likes on facebook, you have to disprove them step by step. There is an “All” option above the Facebook Likes list, but it doesn’t do anything at the moment. More about that below. Follow these steps to delete/remove all FB likes using your browser of choice.
- Open Facebook from any browser, then click your Profile icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Select “Settings and privacy.”
- Select “Activity log.”
- Go to the Activity Log section on the left and select “Interactions.”
- To elect “Likes and comments” in the submenu on the left.
- The list in the left column shows all likes and comments chronologically.
- To sort your “Like” even further, by year and month, click “Date” under the “Filters” menu on the left.
- Choose your sorting options in the pop-up window, then click “Saving Changes.”
- Your filtered list of “I like this” appears on the right.
- Click the three dots to the right of each post you liked, then select “unlike.”
In case you noticed in the penultimate image above, there’s an “All” checkbox above the list, plus checkboxes next to each “Like.” As it stands now (August 2022), these checkable boxes do nothing for removing likes, including the “Everything” box.“ As mentioned several times, you can’t delete all “Likes” in bulkbut the sort option helps make the process faster.
Remove all likes from Facebook pages with a browser
There is another category of likes that you may want to edit, known as Facebook Pages Likes. You have “Facebook pages” (not posts) that you like, such as “pages” for musicians, movies, websites, or any other type of Facebook page, official or unofficial. You may want to update your likes in this location if they are not shown in the method above.
- Start Facebook and go to your profile page from the link on the left.
- Select “More,” which is below your cover photo and name.
- Click “Loves,” which loads your Facebook page likes.
- Hover over a liked page and click on the blue “Nice find” button to dislike it. The “Dislike” button immediately changes to a gray “Like” button, indicating that it was indeed disliked. It will disappear from your page likes when refreshing the browser tab.
Remove likes on the Facebook Android or iOS smartphone app
Wondering how to delete all Facebook likes with smartphone app? You don’t have to scratch your head anymore. Follow the steps below to make posts, pages, and comments different.
- Launch the Android or iOS Facebook app and tap de menu (burger) icon to access the options. The icon is at the top of the screen on Android and at the bottom of the screen on iOS.
- Select “Settings and privacy.”
- To elect “Settings.”
- Tap on “Activity log.”
- Select “Category.”
- To elect “Likes and comments.“
- Press down arrow icon next to each post you liked, and select “Dislike” in the pop-up window.
Alternative Smartphone App Method
A quick way to access all the likes on a smartphone is to do the following:
- Launch the smartphone’s Facebook app.
- Tap you profile pictureand then tap “Activity log.”
- Select “Category,” then choose “Likes & Comments.”
- Press drop-down arrow next to each post you want to favorite.
Frequently Asked Questions
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms today. Unfortunately, there are some limitations to what you can do. However, we’ve added this section to answer more questions you may have about managing likes on the platform.
Can I delete all my likes on Facebook at once?
Unfortunately not. The only way to lose all your likes on Facebook at once is to delete your account completely. The problem with a complete deletion is that everything (your posts, comments, friends) will disappear as well.
Can other people see what I like?
Other people cannot see your activity log. But if you like a post or a meme, your name will appear on the list of people who have interacted.
With each post you see, you can read comments and see who liked the post. So while other users can’t see everything you like, they can see if you liked a particular post.
As you can see, removing or removing Likes from your Facebook account is quite easy. The methods mentioned above provide a slower but guaranteed way to remove all likes on Facebook. The process removes the load from your timeline and gives you a chance to “thumb down” what currently interests you.