YouTube is the most popular browser in the world after Google. While millions of people enjoy watching videos and listening to music on the platform, others prefer to take it to the next level and download the music for offline enjoyment. If you belong to the second category and are wondering how you can do that, then you’ve come to the right place.
Below we will discuss several free websites for converting YouTube videos to MP3. We will also discuss one premium option, which is the official YouTube Music app. The free options may work better for those who only want to download one song or plan to do so occasionally. On the other hand, anyone looking for ways to download music from YouTube regularly should consider the premium option.
Let’s jump right in.
Download music from YouTube with VideoProc – Downloader
VideoProc is the best tool for downloading audio and videos from famous websites like YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Vevo, Bilibili, etc. It is lightweight yet powerful enough to download media in bulk. Plus, the easy-to-use UI is easy to understand and the controls make converting material so easy that users don’t need to know anything about frame rates or resolution, benefiting the less tech-savvy.
It is fully hardware accelerated, which means that it can use the processor, graphics card and other components of the device to speed up conversions. It even includes some basic video editing features for making changes to videos before converting.
Here’s how to download music from VideoProc:
- Go to videoproc.com and click “Download VideoProc Converter“
- On the VideoProc Converter main screen, click the “downloader” icon.
- To download audio, click on “Add music.”
- Copy the video/music URL and then click “Paste URL and Evaluate”, and VideoProc Converter will analyze the URL and give you a list of download options.
- Click “Download Selected Videos” after selecting your chosen output format/resolution from the list.
- Finally click on “Download now” to start downloading.
Download music from YouTube with ByClick Downloader
We’ll start with one of the simpler, more intuitive options currently available to PC users; The ByClick downloader. It only takes a few clicks to download music from any YouTube video using the ByClick downloader and the auto-detection feature makes it incredibly easy to work with multiple videos at once.
Here’s how to download music with the ByClick Downloader:
- Install the software from this link.
- Click on your formatting options and where you want to save your video.
- click on Automatic detection.
- Tap the boxes next to the web browser you use to get your YouTube music. Then click Save.
- Open a web browser and start playing the music you want to download. Then click Download MP3.
Your MP3 will now be saved to the location you set in step 2.
Download music from YouTube with YouTube to MP3
YouTube to MP3 is one of the most convenient solutions for downloading individual links from YouTube. The software is completely free to use and no registration or installation is required. Unlike 4K Video Downloader software, it also gives you unlimited downloads.
Follow the steps below to convert and download a YouTube video from this website:
- Open this link with your computer or mobile device.
- Paste the URL of the YouTube video you want to download into the box that appears on the main page.
- Click on the To go knob.
- Select the MP3 file type option and choose the quality. You can choose from 64 kbps to 320 kbps. The smaller the compression level, the smaller the file will be, at the expense of quality. Of course you want to go for a higher quality (and therefore quantity), unless you save space.
- click on transfer.
- Wait for the conversion process to complete.
- Download the file by clicking the To download knob.
- The file is now on your computer and you can play it on your favorite music player or transfer it to other devices.
Tip: Users with limited storage space on their computers may appreciate the “Save to Dropbox” option, which allows them to save the song with their Dropbox account and online storage.
Download YouTube Music App for Offline
We have good news for anyone who listens to music on YouTube for much of the day. A special app called YouTube Music allows you to download MP3s of your favorite videos.
You can use the app on your PC (Windows 10, Mac, Linux) or your Android and iOS smartphone. The software allows you to search for artists, albums and genres. When you select your favorite song or artist, the app launches a playlist of recommended channels. It also keeps track of your music and gives you quick access when you go back to the app.
By signing up for the YouTube Music Premium subscription, you can listen to these songs offline. If you’re a student, you’ll love their 50% student rate, which means you’ll only have to pay $4.99 per month for the service.
There are many benefits to using the premium version, including:
- No ads when playing songs or videos
- Play music in the background of your device
- Download music to listen offline
Follow the steps below to download music from YouTube with this app:
- Download the YouTube Music app from Google Play or App Store. Click here to download the Desktop Player version.
- Sign up for the premium account if you haven’t already. You can do this through your browser by logging into your YouTube account and going to the Premium page.
- Open the YT Music app on your computer or mobile device.
- Search for the songs or video playlists you want to download offline.
- Play the song or playlist.
- Tap the menu (three vertical dots in the top of the screen) and tap To download.
- You can now find the number if you look at your . go Librarythen Downloads.
A note on legality
It is important to say something about the legality of music downloads. This essentially depends on the video ownership policy.
You can certainly download videos that you own or your personal YouTube videos. You are also allowed to download unencrypted videos in the public domain. You can always search for these types of videos by typing “public domain” or “unencrypted” videos.
However, you may not download copyrighted videos without the owner’s permission. Most of the websites mentioned in their terms and conditions state that you may not download or make available any copyrighted material, material protected by trademark laws or subject to any proprietary rights of third parties without the permission of the rightful owner.
Google may take action against anyone who downloads a YouTube video using infringing tools or services without the owner’s consent.
Here are some more answers to help you download music from YouTube.
Can I download Youtube to my iPhone or Android?
Yes, you can download YouTube songs on your mobile device. There are also several ways to do that. Most of the programs we have listed in the guide can be accessed from mobile devices. However, YouTube to MP3 says that only Android users can convert videos with their smartphones.
In general, the most convenient (and safest) way to download YouTube songs to mobile devices is through the YouTube Music app. This is a premium app, but well worth it for anyone who enjoys music every day and doesn’t mind spending $9.99 a month.
Will I get malware from third-party YouTube download sites?
A significant number of malware infections result from downloads from untrustworthy sources. Many websites are built primarily to infect computers by offering “legitimate” services for download. In short, yes, you can get malware from third party download sites. Not every website is contagious, but you should be careful when visiting them and make sure you click the right buttons.
We recommend that you update your antivirus program (or get one if you’re not already using it) before going to these types of websites. Use the websites we recommend in this guide to avoid being scammed.
Take music with you wherever you go
Downloading music from YouTube can be useful when you’re on the go, running, or just saving connection information. There’s no reason why you should run out of your favorite beats anytime. Various websites can help bring music into everyone’s pocket, regardless of internet connection.
You should now be able to download YouTube songs and playlists for free or you can sign up for YouTube Music Premium for unlimited music downloads. Finally, when you opt for free converter website services, be wary of the legality and do not download copyrighted content unless you have the permission of the owner.
Which video conversion website did you like the most? Considering subscribing to YouTube Premium? Share your thoughts in the comments below.