BeReal is a new social media app that brings a breath of fresh air to the genre. Still, it’s a content-sharing platform, which means it has one trait in common with all other social media platforms: you sometimes post something that seemed like a great idea at the time, but then you want to delete it right away.
You can also go through some older posts and decide you don’t want them on your profile anymore. Again, your first choice will probably be to delete those posts.
Fortunately, deleting a message in BeReal is quite easy, both on Android and iPhone devices. This article will show you the methods to do just that. We will also explain how BeReal works, as it is essential for both publishing and deleting posts.
How to delete a message in BeReal on an Android device
To delete a message in BeReal, you have to follow three simple steps:
- When you enter a message in BeReal, you will see the time and location on the right. In addition, there is an icon with three vertically aligned dots. Tap that icon.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Find and tap the “Delete My BeReal” option. Don’t be confused by the naming, though – this action will only delete the message, not the entire app or your account.
- You will be taken to a survey where you can tell the app why you deleted the post. After you have completed the survey, choose ‘Delete My BeReal’.
Your message will be deleted after completing these steps. However, you should be careful while deleting BeReal posts due to the limitations of this social media app. We’ll explain the details in a separate section below.
How to delete a message in BeReal on an iPhone
Deleting a BeReal message on iPhone should not be a problem for any user. This process will be almost identical to that for Android with just a single extra step:
- Find the message you want to delete on BeReal. In the desired message, tap the icon with three vertical dots.
- You will see a pop-up window with various information such as comments and your location. Tap the “Options” button.
- Select ‘Delete My BeReal’.
- You must complete a survey asking why you want to delete your post. Once that’s done, you can tap “Yes, I’m sure” to complete the action.
After completing the last step, your message will be gone. You must be absolutely sure that you want to delete the message.
Can I delete a message in BeReal from a PC?
BeReal is currently exclusively available as a smartphone app. This means that unlike other social networks such as Facebook or Twitter, BeReal does not have a native desktop version.
Delete messages one day at a time
BeReal allows users to get a more random, instant feel for social networks. The app is designed to provide an authentic experience and allow users to show themselves in as real a light as possible. That is exactly why the specific rules and restrictions have been put in place.
You have learned how to delete a message in BeReal, but it is important to remember that the action is only available once a day. In other words, deleting a post requires almost as much attention as taking a photo in a two-minute window.
Have you successfully deleted your BeReal post? Let us know in the comments below.