BeReal offers users a new way to share photos and connect with each other. This social media app uses new tactics to give you a more realistic view of your friends.
But of course, to get the most out of a social network, you need one essential ingredient: friends. Fortunately, the innovative app offers more than one way to add friends and expand your inner circle.
This article explains how to add friends in BeReal in different ways.
Add friends in BeReal on an iPhone
You can add friends to BeReal directly from the app, using one of the following features: Suggestions, Discovery, Search, Requests and Invitation.
Using suggestions to add friends in BeReal
- When you open the app, you will see an icon on the left that represents two human figures. Tap that icon.
- Tapping the icon will bring up three options: ‘Suggestions’, ‘Friends’ and ‘Requests’. Select ‘Suggestions’.
- You will get a list of profiles that are already friends with your BeReal friends. You can add people from this list by simply tapping “Add” next to their profile picture and name.
Using Discovery to add friends in BeReal
- Using this method also starts right on the BeReal home screen. Under the name of the app, you’ll see two options: ‘My friends’ and ‘Discovery’. Tap “Discovery.”
- The app starts displaying random messages from BeReal users. To be friends with a poster, tap their profile picture to go to their profile.
- On the person’s profile, you can select “Add” to send a friend request.
Using the search function to add friends in BeReal
- When opening BeReal, you can tap the icon with two simplified human outlines. This icon is located at the top left.
- After tapping the icon, you will see a search bar at the top of the screen. Tap the search box to activate it.
- Enter the name of the person you are looking for. As you type, the app displays suggestions based on your search.
- Each profile in the list has an “Add” button next to their profile picture and name. You can send a friend request via this button.
Accepting requests to add friends in BeReal
- When you open the BeReal app, tap the icon on the left. It will be a performance of two people.
- Three options will appear at the bottom: ‘Suggestions’, ‘Friends’ and ‘Requests’. Choose ‘Requests’.
- You will be taken to the page with all your active friend requests. These are mainly the requests that other people have sent you.
- To be friends with a person from the list, tap “Accept” next to their name. Otherwise, you can delete the request by tapping “X” next to the “Accept” button.
Send invitations to add friends in BeReal
You can significantly grow the list of your friends on BeReal by sharing your profile link on other networks. There are three ways to get your profile link from the app:
- In BeReal with two people, tap the icon – it’s the icon at the top left. You will see a box that says ‘Invite friends to BeReal’. Tapping on that box will give you several sharing options. You can automatically share your link on suggested social networks or copy the link to send it manually.
- If you click on your profile icon in BeReal (top right), your profile will be displayed. Under the “Your Memories” panel, you’ll see your profile link in the form of a string of characters. From there you can copy and paste the link wherever you want.
- You can also enter settings from your profile page in BeReal by tapping the icon with the three dots. From there you have an easy option to do ‘BeReal sharing’. This option works in the same way as the first method.
Add friends in BeReal on an Android device
Adding friends in BeReal on an Android device will be almost identical to how it’s done on an iPhone. The options available are Suggestions, Discovery, Search, Requests, and Invitation.
Add friends in BeReal via Suggestions
- After opening the app, you need to tap on the icon with a human figure. This icon is on the left.
- The app displays a list of your friend’s friends. Choose the people you want to add as friends from the list and tap the “Add” button next to their name.
Add friends in BeReal via Discovery
- You can access the “Discovery” option directly from the app’s home screen. There are two options under the BeReal title: “My friends” and “Discovery”, and of course you have to select “Discovery”.
- You will see several messages from random BeReal members. If you see a post you like and want to befriend the poster, tap their profile picture. This will take you to the person’s profile.
- Once you’ve entered the poster’s profile, tap “Add” and the app will send a friend request to them.
Add friends in BeReal via the search function
- Open the app and tap the human icon at the top left.
- There is a search bar at the top of your screen. Tapping it will activate the search box.
- The app opens the keyboard where you can enter a name. As you type, you’ll see real-time suggestions from BeReal profiles.
- Once you’ve found the person you’re looking for, you can send them a friend request using the “Add” button next to their name.
Add friends in BeReal via Requests
- In BeReal, select the human silhouette icon on the left. You will see two options at the top: ‘Add friends’ and ‘My friends’.
- Tap “My Friends” to see the list of your current BeReal friends and open friend requests.
- Of course, tapping “Accept” means that you and the other person are now friends. Tapping “X” will hide the request.
Add friends in BeReal via invitations
It is possible to share your BeReal profile link on other social media, which can grow your friends list significantly. To do that, however, you need to access the link. Here are three methods for doing just that:
- Tap your profile in the top right corner of your screen.
- At the top right you will find your profile icon. Tapping on the icon will take you to your BeReal profile. You’ll see the “Your Memories” panel and your profile link below it. Of course you can copy and paste the link wherever you want.
- Alternatively, there is another way to share your profile link from your profile page. On the page, tap the three dots to open Settings. In the Settings menu, choose the option “BeReal Sharing”. This method offers to share your link in the same way as the first one.
Grow your network
Like all other social media, BeReal is more fun when you have enough friends. Fortunately, you can achieve that using the methods described in this article. Once your circle of BeReal friends starts to grow, you’ll enjoy the app more than ever.
Did you manage to add friends in BeReal? Which method did you use? Let us know in the comments below.