Social media content moderation is an important aspect to keep peace of mind and make the site more enjoyable. If you manage a Page on Facebook, you don’t have to interact with users who harass or annoy you.
This article explains how to ban other Facebook users from your Facebook page.
Block someone from a page on Facebook
Unlike individual Facebook profiles, Facebook pages are generally public and have a very different layout. You can block followers or accounts that don’t follow your Page.
To ban people from your Facebook Page, do the following:
- Open Facebook and go to your Facebook page. Then click on the three dots icon on the right.
- click on Settings for pages and tags.
- Click To block in the menu on the left.
- Click edit.
- Click Add users to block list or Add followers to block list.
- Type the name of the user you want to block. Then select Block.
- Choose whether you want to exclude the user or exclude the user and his other profiles. Then click To confirm.
If you want to unblock someone, follow steps 1-4. Then select your block list and click Unblock.
As an administrator of Facebook Pages, you can prevent certain users from accessing the Page you manage. One of the easiest ways to do this is through your Page Settings:
- Go to the Settings menu on the page and tap “People & other pages.”
- Scroll down until you get to the person you want to exclude and select the “Ban from page” option.
You can undo it by going back to your Settings and selecting “Remove from page” next to the person’s name.
If you don’t want someone to see or tag you on your personal timeline, follow these simple steps to block them.
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Tap the downward pointing arrow in the circle icon in the top right corner.
- Select Settings and privacy.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Block and enter the name of the person you want to block.
- Scroll down and select the person from the list.
- Tap Block and confirm.
You can also go directly to the person’s profile page to block them. Tap the three dots next to their cover photo to open the menu and select Block from the options.
How to Block Someone from a Facebook Page on iPhone
Block someone from a Facebook page using your iPhone or iPad with these quick steps:
- Launch the Facebook app
- Tap “…” for More
- Scroll down and select Settings under the Settings heading
- Tap Block
- Enter the person’s name and tap the blue Block button
Block someone from a Facebook page on Android
Block someone using an Android device like this:
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Go to the profile of the person who will be blocked soon.
- Tap “…” for More.
- Select and confirm Block.
How to block someone from a Facebook group page
Only group moderators and administrators can block or remove group members. Follow these steps to block someone:
- Open Facebook and tap the three horizontal bars to open the main menu.
- Tap Groups and select your group.
- In the top right corner of your group, tap the shield icon with a star in the middle.
- Select Members.
- Scroll down and select the member you want to block.
- Tap the three dots next to the member’s name and select Block Member
- Fix the block.
Block someone from a business page on Facebook
Blocking is a feature generally reserved for personal accounts, but you can ban someone from a company page. Here’s how:
- Open the Facebook app and go to the comment of the person you want to get banned
- Tap their profile picture
- Scroll to the bottom of their profile and tap Banned from Page
- Confirm the ban
How To Block Someone From Facebook Page Posts
Blocking someone from sending you messages is not the same as blocking someone on Facebook. If you only want to stop unwanted messages, do the following:
- Open Facebook on your computer and go to your news feed
- Select the blue and red Messenger dialog bubble in the left menu
- Scroll down and click on the conversation with the person you want to block
- In the right menu, select Privacy & Support
- Click on the Block messages option and confirm the block
Block someone from a Facebook page who doesn’t like it
Silence those trolls once and for all. Follow these simple steps to block someone from a Facebook Business Page:
- Open your Facebook business page
- Go to Page Settings in the bottom left corner of the screen
- Select the People & Others tab
- Open the drop-down menu and select Banned people and pages
- Click the +Ban a person button
- Enter the person’s vanity URL in the search bar
- Click Save to add the person to the ban list
How to block a Facebook user quickly and anonymously?
Quickly block someone via your Settings & Privacy options in your Main Menu. Select Settings and click Block. Enter the name of the person you want to block and confirm the action.
The blocked person will never get a notification that you have banned them from your Facebook space.
What does getting someone banned from a Facebook page do?
If you ban someone, they won’t be able to publish to your page. They also can’t like or comment on posts and posts, or like your Page. However, they can still share content from your Page with other places on Facebook. They can no longer communicate directly with you.
Can you block someone from your business page on Facebook?
You can’t necessarily “block” users from your business page, but you can “ban” them. This allows them to share your content without being able to actively participate in your page.
One last word
Remember that blocking is forever, or at least until you become friends with the user again. When you block someone, you have to befriend them again, which can create an awkward situation. So if you need a break, consider workarounds instead.