Typically, each day begins and ends with a glance at your Google Calendar. However, if you use Google and Outlook calendars at the same time, you can easily get confused.
The solution is simple: sync your Google and Outlook accounts. If you want to know how to sync both calendar apps, read on. This article explains the Google/Outlook calendar sync process across devices and how to do it successfully.
Use an Outlook link to sync Outlook calendar with Google Calendar
Before you can sync Outlook and Google Calendar with any of the various devices, you must first obtain an Outlook link. Synchronization of the two calendars does not require any additional plugins or extensions as both platforms use the same format.
Here’s how to get the link from Outlook:
- open you Office 365 account.
- Go to Outlook and click Settingsthen View all Outlook settings.
- click on Calendarthen Shared calendars.
- In the Publish calendar section, you can get the link you need.
- Select Calendarthen Can see all detailsand then click To publish.
- Copy the ICS link (under the HTML link at the bottom) to use later in Google.
- Once you have obtained your Outlook calendar link, it is time to complete the synchronization. Open google calendar.
- Tap on Other calendars + at the bottom of the page.
- Click now From URL.
- Paste the saved link and tap Add calendar.
- In the Other calendars section in the lower left area, you will see your Outlook calendar that you can select. The synchronization process is now complete.
You can save the calendar, change the colors or even rename it. If you ever decide to disconnect the two calendars, you can do so by hovering over the calendar’s name and clicking the button. X icon.
How to Sync Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar on iPhone or iPad
If you mainly use your calendar on your iPhone, there are several options to consider if you plan to sync the two calendars. One option would be to create multiple accounts for emails, but that generally doesn’t solve the problem.
The best solution is to add both calendars to your iPhone or iPad calendar app. There you can see all your meetings in a clear and organized way without syncing Google and Outlook accounts. In addition, the process is simple and does not take much time. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- To elect Calendar from the list.
- Tap on bills.
- Add your… google and Outlook accounts to your iPhone or iPad.
- Slide the Switch calendars right to sync all calendars.
Once you’ve completed the process, all the data will automatically appear in your calendar app and you won’t have any issues like double bookings or overlapping meetings.
How to sync Outlook calendar with Google Calendar on Android
If you want to use multiple calendars on your Android phone or tablet, one of the best solutions is to install the free Microsoft Outlook app. Once you have it on your phone, you can choose to connect it to Google Calendar to have all your schedules in one place.
Here’s how to install Microsoft Outlook on your Android phone:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Find Microsoft Outlook and tap to install.
- When the process is complete, tap Open and log in to your account.
- In the pop-up that appears, link your account to other Google accounts.
How to Sync Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar on Mac
Sometimes it’s easier to update two calendars on the same platform instead of syncing them. If you prefer to use Google Calendar through Outlook, there is a way to do it. The first step is to install the Outlook app on your Mac and then connect it to the Google account you are using. Here’s how the process works:
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- click on Outlookthen Preferences.
- Select billsand then click the + in the lower left corner.
- Tap on New account and sign in to your Google account with your credentials.
- click on Get on.
- Decide which Google account you want to sync and tap it.
- When prompted to allow Microsoft Apps access to your calendar, click Allow.
- In the pop-up, click open Microsoft accountand then tap Done.
- Click on the calendar icon to see all your Google Calendar events in Outlook.
Sync Outlook Calendar with Gmail
While Gmail doesn’t have an official desktop app, it still works well with Microsoft Outlook, giving users the best of both worlds. Here’s what you need to do to sync Outlook Calendar with Gmail:
- open you gmail account.
- Tap the gear icon to open Settings.
- Tap the Forward POP/IMAP and make sure it is checked.
- Click Saving Changes.
- Now it’s time to connect the two accounts. Open your Outlook account.
- Tap on Filethen Add Account.
- Enter your Gmail address and select Advanced options.
- To elect Let me set up my account manually.
- click on Connect.
- Add input information for IMAP Account Settings.
- Enter your password and tap Connect.
- When the account setup is complete, click Okay.
How to sync Outlook calendar with Google Calendar on a PC
Synchronizing Outlook and Google Calendar is not a particularly easy process. Here’s how to connect your Outlook calendar to Google’s:
- open you google calendar.
- Click on the gear iconand then tap Settings.
- Select Import & Export, then choose Export around the . to download .ics files.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and tap File.
- Click in the left sidebar Open and export.
- In the Open menu (to the right of the sidebar), choose Import/Export.
- When you see the pop-up window, select Import an iCalender (.ics) or vCalendar… option from the list and click Next one.
- Find the .ics file you downloaded/exported from Google Calendar and tap OKAY.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click Import to add the exported Google calendar to Outlook or Open as new make a new one. All your Google items will be displayed in your Outlook calendar with the Import option.
Later you can save the calendar, change its colors and rename it. If you ever decide to disconnect the two calendars, you can do so by hovering over the calendar’s name and clicking the button. “X” icon.
Import a Google calendar into Outlook
Sometimes users find it easier to use Google Calendar directly through Outlook. However, it requires a lengthy synchronization process between the two accounts.
- The first thing is to have your Google calendar ready for the merge. Open “Google calendar.”
- Hover over the calendar you want to share and click the “vertical ellipse” (three dots icon).
- click on “Settings and Sharing”, then scroll down and select “Integrate calendar.”
- Find and copy the “Secret address in iCal format” URL.
- Now it is time to transfer the data to Outlook. Visit “Outlook.com” and select “Outlook Calendar.”
- Select “Add Calendar -> From Internet.”
- Paste the address you copied and tap “OKAY.”
Now you can access all your Google Calendar meetings in Outlook and have everything in one place.
Finally, with just one calendar that includes all your meetings, appointments, and phone calls, you can stay organized without confusion. Syncing both Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar prevents missed appointments at home or work and allows you to avoid double bookings if you have a customer-centric business. Since you may have multiple accounts, you can now connect them all whether you use them all on a phone or computer.