Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services in 2022. With thousands of shows and movies available, it’s no wonder everyone in the country wants to access the service on their TV.
Unfortunately, not all smart TVs offer Hulu, but you don’t have to say goodbye to on-demand content just because your TV doesn’t have the app. There are several ways you can watch Hulu on any TV. Keep reading to find the solution that works best for you.
Check the store
Some devices come with the Hulu app pre-installed, but not all. Before you look for other ways to get this streaming service on your TV, check if the app is available in your TV’s app store.
- Open your TV’s app store or Google Play Store.
- Search for the Hulu app.
- When it appears, download and install Hulu and you’ll be able to stream content directly to your TV.
If your TV isn’t a smart TV or you can’t download Hulu, check out one of the following solutions.
Use your laptop
Laptop computer owners may find this next method an easy way to watch Hulu on TV without installing the app. If you don’t mind resetting your computer every time you stream, you can easily mirror your laptop’s screen to your TV with an HDMI cable. This method will work with any TV that has an HDMI port, whether or not it’s a smart TV. All you need to do is open your Hulu account on your laptop and you can enjoy the content on the big screen.
- Connect your TV to your laptop with an HDMI cable.
- Your TV may automatically detect the source. If not, use your remote to change the input by pressing “Source” and selecting the correct HDMI port.
- Open your browser and navigate to the Hulu website.
Everything that appears on your laptop screen is mirrored to your TV. If the laptop’s screen bothers you while watching Hulu, you can easily adjust the mirror settings.
- Simultaneously press Windows + P to open the mirror options.
- Select “External Screen Only” and your laptop’s monitor will turn off.
- Make sure your device is connected.
- Go to your settings and select “Battery”.
- Under the “Power adapter” tab, check the box for “Prevent the computer from automatically sleeping when the display is off”.
- Close the lid of your MacBook.
Invest in a streaming device
The next great solution for getting Hulu on your TV involves investing in a small device that will turn any TV into a smart one in an instant. These casting devices or media boxes provide your TV with a smart interface. You can use them to access a variety of streaming apps directly from your TV, or even use other devices, such as your smartphone, to cast content to your TV screen. A large selection of affordable dongles gives you access to Hulu.
Roku offers several streaming players, including the Roku Streaming Stick, which is no bigger than a USB stick. Similarly, Amazon’s Fire TV Stick comes with 4K capabilities and Hulu integration. Google Chromecast is another popular solution that makes casting your mobile screen a breeze.
In general, you just need to plug these devices into your TV’s HDMI port and your TV will be transformed after a quick initial setup.
Sideload the app
If the Hulu app is not available on your Android TV store, try sideloading the app. There are many ways to do this, but the easiest method is to transfer the app’s APK file using a USB stick.
First, enable sideloading apps on your Android TV.
- Turn on your TV and open the settings.
- Find “Security and restrictions” and enable “Unknown sources”.
Once this is done, download the APK file on your TV in the following way.
- Use your computer to download the APK for Hulu from a trusted source like APKMirror.
- Copy the file to your USB drive.
- Connect your flash drive to your TV and open the device’s file manager app.
- Find the APK file for Hulu.
- Open the file to install it.
The app should appear next to all other apps in your TV apps list. If not, you may need to download a special launcher like ATV Launcher from your TV’s app store.
You don’t have to go back to cable, even if your TV doesn’t have a Hulu app. Use one of the methods above to stream Hulu on any smart or non-smart TV.
Which of these methods do you find most useful? Will you get a streaming device or will you stick with a simple HDMI cable? Let us know in the comments below.